Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pray and Watch for a Quiet Neighbor

Early this morning I opened our loud squeaky garage door to get into my car on the driveway. As I walked down the driveway I saw a neighbor who is often pretty quiet around others putting some trash into his garbage container on the street. He was not more than 50 feet from me and I assumed he must of heard me coming. . . I stood waiting on my driveway hoping to make eye contact and say a neighborly, "Hi."

No such fortune as he turned directly away from my location and began to walk away. A little nudge in my spirit encouraged me to say something. . . I blurted a shocking voice in the still morning. . . "Good morning!" with his name to let him know I remember who he is.

And with a surprised spin and turn came a quiet reply . . . "O, hi. . .".

"Have a good day!" I said and waved. He waved back. . . I got in my car and prayed for my neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment