Thursday, March 18, 2010

Our Role

S-What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.
1 Corinthians 3:5-9

O-We all have tasks to do, but God makes it a success.

A-Do what God asks you to do. Reach out to those around you, who you are in contact with day to day, and trust God to grow the seed planted in them. Do not stress about what you can not affect.

P-Lord help me to be diligent and to give my best to what you have set my hand to do today. Help me to be loving to those around me and I choose to trust that You will change their hearts towards Yourself.




Posted by Bill Vanderwaal

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Bill! I haven't even read our scriptures yet but I have to say that God is using them and all the comments to help me through a very challenging situation at work. I need to remember the ultimate goal is to honor God and nothing is more important than that. Your words-do not stress about what I can not affect were like medicine to my weary mind. Now I am going to read the verses. Thanks to all of you who are sharing. You are keeping me refreshed in my desert work place.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today God's word spoke to me very much and I wanted to share with everybody. It also has to do with what you shared Bill, that God is the one that do the work and we only need to obey him. Here is my SOAP:

    "Have I not commanded you? Be STRONG and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9) "Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret - it leads only to evil" (Psalm 37:8)

    O - God repeated many times "Be strong and courageous" (Josh 1:6,7,9) to Joshua. And not only God, also his fellows Israelites said the same to him (Josh 1:18). Perhaps, Joshua was like me: weak and easily daunted. But God used him anyway. Joshua decided to trust in the Lord and live acknowledging God's presence in his life. God told Joshua that He would never leave him nor forsake him. Moreover, the Lord told him that if Joshua obeyed, there was nothing to fear because God himself would make him successful.
    On the other hand, the psalm verse said that anger and wrath should be expelled from our lives. Moreover, if we let us worries overwhelm us, they would lead us to sin! (I suppose it is because when you fret, you are not trusting in God completely)

    A - Trust in God and be strong and brave. He is with you! Live today as if you had God himself beside you. There is nothing to fear! How could you when your Daddy is beside you :).

    P - O my Lord! Thank you again for your encouraging words. I will not be afraid. Please make me aware of your presence through all the day. I want to be strong and brave and obedient. In Jesus name, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always liked this passage and also hated it. Many times, it has trounced my pride and my idea of self-sufficiency as well as what I perceive as accomplishment or "due." It has made me rethink God, God's will, and how and why things do or don't progress "naturally" (or as they "ought"). It has often created both awe and anger as a result...

    Thx. I think. :)

    ReplyDelete